You have no items in your cart.
Mission: 25 November 2023 1030 – Evacuation Day
Date(s) - 25 Nov 2023
1100 - 1600
We will be the guests of the LMHA for lunch at Fraunces Tavern after the mission, so attendance is strongly encouraged!
Who: CG, ALL VCA in good standing
What: 233rd Evacuation Day
Where: Bowling Green and Fraunces Tavern
When: Saturday, 25 November 2023 – event muster NLT 1100 at USCG parking lot – see more details from MAJ Capra below
How: Request CG with flags, 1SG Clohessy will confirm
UOD: PD, OCP, ASU
POC: Ambrose Richardson, President of the Lower Manhattan Historical Association (917) 750-0391, (212) 530-4771, firstname.lastname@example.org
NCOIC: 1SG Clohessy, (917) 597-2718 email@example.com
More details from MAJ Capra:
- The permit request for Evacuation Day flag raising at Bowling Green on Saturday, 25 November 2023 has been APPROVED and issued to the VCASNY under NYC Parks Department.
- The mission time has been formulated in cooperation with the Lower Manhattan Historical Association (LMHA). It is the same as last year as listed below:
1100: VCA muster USCG parking lot for duty assignments and placement
1230: Official formation at Fraunces Tavern
1240: March parade route along Broadway to Bowling Green
1300: Retiring of British flag and raising of the American flag
1315: Remarks by officials
1330: Return March to Fraunces Tavern
1400: Lunch for Corps at Fraunces Tavern
- Members of Golds Dragoons will act as the British component and accept return of the flag to the crown.
PARKING at USCG: As a reminder, spacing is limited. Carpooling is recommended where practical.
Request for parking at U.S. Coast Guard facility is AUTHORIZED but must be requested.
Forward your parking request to MAJ Capra firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP for processing. Your parking request must include:
- Rank, Name of owner/operator
- Year, Make, Model (2dr/4dr) sedan/subn, color of vehicle
- License plate number and state (please include if “specialty plate”- VFW, NY GUARD, etc.)
Registrations are closed for this event.