You have no items in your cart.
Mission: 25 November 2022 1030 – Evacuation Day
Date(s) - 25 Nov 2022
1030 - 1430
The following mission has been approved by COL Mechmann. The COL would like to stress that this mission constitutes the VCASNY Drill for November. Additionally, we will be the guests of the LMHA for lunch at Fraunces Tavern after the mission, so attendance is strongly encouraged!
Who: CG, ALL VCA in good standing
What: 232nd Evacuation Day
Where: Bowling Green and Fraunces Tavern
When: Friday, 25 November 2022 – event muster NLT 1030 at USCG parking lot – see more details from MAJ Capra below
How: Request CG with flags, 1SG Clohessy will confirm
UOD: PD, OCP, ASU
POC: Ambrose Richardson, President of the Lower Manhattan Historical Association (917) 750-0391, (212) 530-4771, email@example.com
NCOIC: 1SG Clohessy, firstname.lastname@example.org
More details from MAJ Capra:
- The permit request for Evacuation Day flag raising at Bowling Green on Friday, 25 November 2022 has been APPROVED and issued to the VCASNY under NYC Parks Department.
- The mission time has been formulated in cooperation with the Lower Manhattan Historical Association (LMHA). It is the same as last year as listed below:
1030: VCA muster USCG parking lot
1130: Official formation at Fraunces Tavern
1145: March parade route along Broadway to Bowling Green
1200: Retiring of British flag and raising of the American flag
1215: Remarks by officials
1230: Return March to Fraunces Tavern
1300: Lunch for Corps at Fraunces Tavern
- Members of Golds Dragoons have confirmed attendance and will act as the British component and accept return of the flag to the crown.
PARKING at USCG: As a reminder, spacing is limited. Carpooling is recommended where practical.
Request for parking at U.S. Coast Guard facility is AUTHORIZED but must be requested.
Forward your parking request to MAJ Capra email@example.com ASAP for processing. Your parking request must include:
- Rank, Name of owner/operator
- Year, Make, Model (2dr/4dr) sedan/subn, color of vehicle
- License plate number and state (please include if “specialty plate”- VFW, NY GUARD, etc.)
Registrations are closed for this event.